blendPBRTv3 - PBRTv3 Blender Exporter Plugin
A simple and minimal exporter for Blender 2.79 for PBRTv3.
Installation guide: InstallBlenderExporterOnly
Tested on Ubuntu Linux 18.04 and Blender 2.79.
- You must save your blend project before rendering. This is due to a bug in the Blender OBJ exporter attempting to update the mouse cursor during rendering.
- Camera FOV calculations are not precise in the exporter scene. You’ll need some experimentation.
- Material names that include spaces and other special characters may not work. It is recommended to use material names with only standard letters.
PBRT example scenes
In Blender, you can set the
PBRT binaries directory, which should point point to the directory that contains the
obj2pbrt executables. The user-set directory overrides any internal variables and included PBRT distributions.
The exporter is also able to use
pbrt if it is present in the
Exporter supported features
- Film resolution and resolution scale
- Perspective camera
- UV-mapped image textures
- Standard 3D mesh
Almost all configurable channels in materials can be assigned an image texture instead. When an image texture is linked, the constant value is overridden.
- Matte - Diffuse
- Emission - Emission
- Plastic - Diffuse, Specular
- Glass - Transmission, Reflectivity, IOR, U Roughness, V Roughness
- Mirror - Reflectivity
- Mix - We signal errors in Mix configuration by rendering a purple material. Try to re-choose the mixed sub-materials. It can solve the issue as the plugin listens for
Environment lighting is supported as a constant color or a light probe image in .PNG or .EXR formats. The light probe image values are multiplied by both the magnitude and the fixed color, so make sure both are non-black.
- DRC (Requires a modified version of PBRTv3)